Friday, March 20, 2009

Jane's 3rd Birthday

These things are always told best by pictures.
Here Katherine and Jacob are showing off Jane's cake which they helped to make and decorate.

I have been craving crab, so I had been working with Jane as to where she wanted to go for her birthday. Rehearsed response? Red Lobster. Well after a while, she was absolutely convinced she wanted crab for her birthday, so we ended up having it after all.

Jane enjoying the cake.

Jane got a lot of presents, but I am not sure any created as much excitement as the money tucked into Grandma and Papa Boehler's card.

This was a dress from Punkin and G-pa that was immediately chosen as the future Easter dress.


And now, for a little about Jane herself. She has many nicknames, more than any of the other children - Janie-boo, Boo, Calamity Jane, Vain Jane, and Hurricane Jane to name the ones that came easily to mind. She is very affectionate, always enjoying a good snuggle. She is the only child I can remember waking up several weeks in a row to come climb in bed with Bo and I in the middle of the night. She is learning to play very well with her little brother, helping him down the slide and pretending to put him to bed. She can turn almost anything into a family. The other day I caught her with a "mommy" pencil and a "daughter" pencil happily acting out some domestic scene. She is also my girly-girl, loving long "boo-tee-full" dresses and letting Katherine do her hair. She is also sneaky, often finding ways to manipulate William out of food and toys. Her favorite movie right now is "Pooter Pan." She is also a DRAMATIC child, conjuring up tears and crying at a moment's notice if it suits her design. She is very joyful most of the time, however, loving her siblings, often sharing with them, and such a bright spot in our lives. So, if you have read all of this, here's is another tidbit. Jane is going to be a middle child, two siblings on each side. Happy Birthday Jane!

5 comments:

Aunt Audrey said...

wOW-WHAT GREAT NEWS! cONGRATS-WHEN IS THE BIG DAY? hOPE YOU ARE FEELING WELL.. SURE ENJOYED READING AND SEEING ABOUT jANE'S b-=DAY AND THE PICS OF THE SKI OUTING-WHAT GREAT MEMORIES WERE MADE WITH nELS AND THE CHILDREN. I MET rOSIE TODAY AND GOT TO HOLD HER-WHAT A SWEETHEART-mARY WOULD BE SO PROUD OF HER AND ALL HER LITTLE ONES:) lUV,aUNT a

Wendy said...

So that explains the crab craving...I had a thought when I read that! And let me tell you, if I could convince my children they wanted/liked crab I would eat it as often as I could. Way to go you! And congrats. I so enjoyed talking with you on the phone...let's do it again soon!

We will never thirst-because all that we need is found in Jesus said...

Congrats!! So excited for you!

Stacy said...

What a nice surprise to just randomly check out the site and find an update. Happy Birthday my little Jane! We love you so much!

Punkin and Geepa

Mindy said...

Congrats!