I am still getting the knack of uploading these photos, so these are a bit jumbled. These first three are of us back at home after the holidays. Bo announced the other day that William was finally "getting fun."

Jane really wanted to be potty trained . . . I am not sure that I am ready for the event yet.

And here is our snowman, thanks to five inches of snow that we got. (Yes, supposedly we live in the high desert.) Jacob really thought he was being creative and unique when he suggested we name the snowman "Frosty."

Now, as to the title of this blog, it should really read post-holiday highlights, but as we went to Denver and crammed 17 people under one roof, (to be fair, at least some didn't take up too much room - 9 of the 17 were under 4 ft. tall.) sometimes it seemed more like a game than a holiday. Read this next part in your best "announcer voice" - And #28 Rebekah Zeerip makes a triple play, feeding William, eating her supper and settling a dispute between Micah and Katherine. Oh! and look at this #49 Stacy Boehler is earning her salary this year. She has been such a solid player and she is versatile too. She can cook Christmas dinner, set the table, save the turkey from certain overcooking and watch all 9 children at once. You know George, I really don't know what this team would do without her. Check out players 37, 29, and 56. Looks like they just completed another grocery run. Oh, and there goes Katherine and Megan from the opposing team trying to steal animal crackers from the pantry again. The "Children" team is a much younger, larger, more energetic team, but they sure are being thwarted by the "Adults" this year. Guess is just goes to show you that age and treachery still have advantage over youth and enthusiasm. Well, that's all for this game coverage. We'll see you next year for the rematch of Adults vs. Children.
Seriously though, we had a great time with all of the family. My parents, my brother and his family, and my grandparents on my Dad's side were all there. It was a great memory-maker and we loved seeing all the children revel in each other's company.

Jane's Christmas Dress

Mom and Dad Boehler with all of the "Offspring".

Justin and Bo with their marshmallow guns. Both men and children loved this present.

Do any of you remember making the green cornflake wreaths as children? I still like making them (and eating them . . . I know, gross.)

Katherine and William taking a break from the fun at Uncle Justin and Auntie Lindsey's house.

Papa Boehler reading the Christmas story on Christmas morning to all his great grandchildren.
4 comments:
THat TV is GINORMOUS!!!! And what's up with the baby on Gpas lap in the last picture? Is he OK?
Looks like crazy fun.
I love the picture of Papa reading to all the kids. What a sweet photo.
My favorite is the Papa reading too. How special that they know him. And the marshmallow shooters look like loads of fun!! I am sorry I couldn't find you at church. I looked but just kept missing you. Next time. Happy New Year!
What great pictures! I love the blog. Hey Jen, to answer your question Iam (William) is fine...he likes to sleep that way on G-pa. We had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment